Monday 7 July 2008

The School





We're like a couple of proud parents!

I've been back two weeks now and I still miss the DR so much. I find myself looking at photos, and emailing my new American friends. Even music which I heard whilst out there is being played on the CD. Just something, anything to keep the link going.

OK, So I'll have to focus on raising the funds to get our school accredited. So far I have raised £2,350 which has broken the back of it. Much of this down to the wonderful generosity of a dear lady client, friend and true exponant of generous giving! (You know who you are!)

Anyway, here's some great news which we have had from the USA. Remember little Jason. Well, if not, here's a photo of the lad!

Jason's getting his operation and the cost of both this and the rehab has been covered by our U.S. friends. Bless you guys!

Its these acts of kindness which so strike me. I often need reminding of that which is important to me, as my spending habits do not always reflect this. Take yesterday, I was up in London running in the 10k marathon, and afterwards I saw that there was a sale in Selfridges. I'm not averse to spending £70 on a nice shirt, yet I know that that £70 could buy so much more than a bit of false status. Its interesting that the 'pressure' of clothes is just not a problem for the children of los Algadones.
'Hand me downs' serve just as well as Armani's!

I gave Selfridges a miss. Remind me of this at the start of the football season when I'm looking at turning the event into a fashion show. Will I still be as strong!

1 comment:

christian charity said...

Well it is very Excited that charity services to the poor families of each society
http://www.ukchristiancharity.org/