Friday 6 June 2008

5 days to go!

I've just returned from Crete. I got in at 4.33am following a business trip. (Never get the last plane of the day with Easyjet!) I'm feeling ill prepared for this trip:

Firstly, as I get older I'm beginning to realise that I do take some things for granted with Debbie. I'm a pretty single minded bloke. I didn't ask Debbie if I could go back to DR (For the 3rd time in 4 years) I told her I was going. Big difference. I'm starting to feel a little guilty about that. My offspring don't make it any easier. I'm sitting here writing this (Jonathan Ross is just about to start - I'm not homophobic but I want to dish out some serious violence to the 4poofs and a piano!) and currently peace reigns. However, two hours earlier when i got back from the office it was like the wild west! Conflict reigned. Son, its time to be a man. i'm relying on you to keep the peace.

Secondly, Mission is front line stuff. Its important to prepare spiritually. I have to be honest and say that I'm not there yet. What helps is to know thatthere are others who are praying for you. I've kept quiet about this trip to those at my Church. If you are following my blog, let me know that you're sending one up to the man upstairs for me. I would really value that.

Hey! Once I'm out there, I know it will be a blast. Come with me and enjoy the ride.. xx

No comments: