Saturday 7 June 2008

Four days to go!

I couldn't have picked a worse two weeks to go to DR. I'm missing my daughter Jemma's 14th Birthday (She's had a year of telling people she's 'Firteen') I'm missing my 21st Wedding anniversary and I'm missing Father's Day.

So today I took Jemma to Thorpe Park. By lunchtime my stomach had been so shaken, sloshed and stirred that I left her to her friends and went back to the car. The trip was aborted at 3.45 after one of her friends threw up after the umpteenth ride. The poor chap threw up again on the way home! It was a dissapointing end to the day for her.

Whether this affected my mind, but I came home and had a big row with my boy. There's a hightened tension in the house at the moment with much interpersonal conflict. We went nose to nose. I wanted to lash out, it was a struggle not to.

To me, the tension in the house does not come as a suprise. If you believe in God & the Bible, you have to believe in the influence of the Devil too. Like he wants me to go to DR in a positive frame of mind!!. He's not called the accuser for nothing, and at the moment that is apt. I feel guilty that I'm dumping on Debbie and that the cracks in my family are beginning to widen, and I'm not going to be there.

If you're talking to the man upstairs, mention Debs and the kids. I'd value that.

Four days to go, and I still have a troubled soul.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip mate
God bless
Rich

Anonymous said...

OK - the Hooks are with you - looking forward to following your progress.